Monday, January 16, 2006
Pre-90s Hip Hop 12" vinyl rips. COLLECTION #1
Every once in a while I will up 20 old school tracks from my collection.
All at 256kbps bit rate. No pissy 128kbps from me. I'll see what the reaction is & if it is positive (ie: leave a comment you leechers. Ha!) I might continue it once a month.
1. D-RAP & K-FRESH - the moment is here.mp3 - 5.64MB 1987.
Non-Miami Bass from Florida. Scratches up children’s song, ‘Shortnin Bread’.
2. SPYDER D - smerphies dance.mp3 - 14.17MB 1982.
Early track with nice 808 production from Vaughn Mason.
3. PRINCE QUICK MIX & DERRICK D - good foot.mp3 - 5.76MB 1988.
Quick Mix became one half of The Nubian Crackers.
4. ONYX - ah and we do it like this.mp3 - 9.30MB 1990
Their debut single on Profile. Years before their bald heads & grimey style. This is smooth.
5. JEWEL T - rock nice.mp3 - 7.41MB 1987.
6. JEWEL T - ride the crossfade.mp3 - 6.92MB 1987.
One of the early white boy emcees. Co-produced by TKD with scratches by DJ Dollar Bill.
7. DEZO DAZ - its my turn.mp3 - 9.09MB 1987.
Produced by Unknown DJ & featuring DJ SLIP. Later became Yomo & released an LP on Ruthless with Maulkie.
8. THE FRESHMEN - who me.mp3 - 8.73MB 1986.
Produced by Man Parrish.
9. E-VETTE MONEY - e-vettes revenge.mp3 – 9.51MB 1987.
Nasty response record to LL Cool J’s ‘Dear Evette’.
10. The MIXMASTERS - dance.mp3 - 10.08MB 1987.
Early Tracy Kendrick & Courtney Branch track (DJ QUIK, Young MC, LA Dream Team, etc...).
11. The MIXMASTERS - girls.mp3 - 14.15MB 1987.
They were Tony G & Lady T. Produced by & featuring Kurtis Blow.
12. THE MANIACS - bum mcs.mp3 - 12.02MB 1986.
13. THE MANIACS - crack crack don’t do it.mp3 - 10.47MB 1986.
Both produced by Cutmaster DC. The label doesn’t state the artists name.
14. ACE LORD CHILLERS - living in a cracktown.mp3 - 10.29MB 1987.
Extended mix of early Bay Area crew. Non-NY anti crack song.
15. POSITIVE K - quarter gram pam.mp3 - 10.21MB1987.
16. POSITIVE K - aint no stoppin me.mp3 - 9.55MB 1987.
His 1st release on First Priority. Produced by Daddy O & Grand Puba.
17. THE MIGHTY MAESTRO - one man band.mp3 - 12.04MB 1989.
18. THE MIGHTY MAESTRO - stop selling me dreams.mp3 - 11.33MB 1989.
2 lesser known Tuff City tracks. The 3rd was a house track ala what 45 King was also making at the time.
19. THE UNION - the union.mp3 - 9.97MB 1989.
20. M.WALK & KING SAUL - im the king.mp3 - 7.88MB 1989.
12” versions from The Union album compilation. Produced by Grandmixer M.Walk. Became Tone Loc’s deejay & produced 2 tracks on Pharcyde’s ‘Labcabincalifornia’.