Monday, January 02, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Graffiti rugs. Yeah that's what i said...

What an original concept. I've seen toasters, sneakers, doors, lighters, but floor rugs are definitely a first. A bit barmy, but obviously there must be a market for them, though some seem to be quite pricey, ranging from £425 to £1835. Naturally Delta's work commands the highest price, but I couldn't say it's his best work. Some of the other artists designs are butt ugly & I'm not exactly enamoured with Stash's efforts. I think I'd rather go to K-Mart & pick up a 'Welcome Home' mat for $20. Stet's dynamic Toy Culture price is the most interesting, but it's way out of my budget. All are 100% woollen. Fantastic idea, just think some of the designs are limp, but then the moneyed up people who would buy them probably don't care about that aspect.

Toy Culture website

No comments: